{/Love You More and More.
{/Tuesday, May 13, 2008, @11:18 AM.
{ Best Days in Yellowstone so far (our off days) }
TITLE: Best Days in Yellowstone so far (our off days)

Whee! Yesterday was awesome! Whee! So excited, I had so much energy in the afternoon so I was really tired at night. But I still went to the dorm's lobby to hang out a bit.

Date: 11 May 08' (Sunday) (Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA)

I had to work from 9am til 5.30pm. I worked in Prep (making sandwiches and salads). I really enjoy it yeah! Drew, this really nice guy was like a senior and I followed him all the way, doing everything hehe. He tot people speak Cantonese in Vietnam. WAHHAHA... At first, I was kinda scared of him cos he is really cool as in doesn't talk much.

But he started talking to me first (i was quite sad about discrimination for the past few days but not so much frm yesterday onwards) and his first qn was "What's your native language?" I went "Mandarin and English" and he asked me for a pen and wad's a pen called in Mandarin. I said "bi" and he was like, "Will it be easier if I say 'bi' to you?" WAAAAHAHAHAH, so funny la!

I think he's a deep and intriguing person. His dob is 3rd Mar 1987 baby so just 1 yr plus older than me. He kept a beard til... Today! (Evelyn and I saw him without his beard when we went Bear Paw Deli for ice-cream jus now before lunch - our 2nd and last off day for this week. We need to get used to him clean-shaven now, he looks like a different person hee.) Neways I asked him discrimination and he told me that stand-up comedians make fun of people, so they entertain people at the expense of others. Tis means many Americans are entertained like that. But there are really nice Americans too, we met quite a few on Tuesday which is what I'm going to touch on later...

Later, this guy Cable frm Texas joined us in Prep (in the kitchen) and he sorta fought about American history - the civil war - with Drew. It's a really serious topic cos I dun understand and I got off work soon after that. I met Evelyn, Terence, Pui Ee and Sze Ying in the EDR (employees dining room - where we eat our 3 meals) and we went back to our dorm.

They wanted to go out so I had no time to bathe yucks haa. But it's really cold so it's not too bad. We wanted to pay a visit to the Employee's Pub but we're not sure how to get there. It got too cold halfway and we sought refuge at Snow Lodge. Damn, I was so tired and wet. But the fireplace is awesome! I took off my shoes and socks right before it. I was really cold cos they were wet. This really nice lady frm UK was sitting beside me and talked a little to me. Sadly, there were a few moments of power failure so the fire was gone. Neways, it finally crackled again and I felt so tranquil and comfy there tat I fell asleep for a while. When the old lady went, she even gave my arm and hand a lil' squeeze and it felt so warm - i appreciate that very much whee! m_m

When we rested for quite a while, dammit, it was so cold and we finally found our way to the Employee's Pub. It was quite an amusing scene, but it's not the modern kind of pubs, I felt that it was those little pubs in small villages, with old people drinking booze, mainly beer n some youngsters playin pool or darts. Some were eating pizza or sitting by the bar. There's this really big area which is empty in the middle, maybe that's the dance floor. There's a sorta party going on this Sat (May 17)it sounds really funny and fun ahha. It says "dress smooth to leave a good impression" haa. Something like that... We're going to take a look at it to see how funny it is aha.

Neways, Evelyn and I were so tired and we almost fell asleep in the pub, then we left first. Oh damn, it was bloody cold - the coldest I've ever felt. Even colder than Xi An, cos at least in Xi An we had big coats on. But I'm mostly wearing just shirts and 1 jacket or windbreaker (but kinda ugly cos I have no body, I'm like just round...) It was a pretty long walk and it was dark. Like at least 15 mins. But we made it in the end yea! We're so afraid of animals but it's exciting to see one though, but we didn't get to see one ahha.

他妈的,我的照片根本放不上。所以,我待会儿在试试吧。
The pictures can't be uploaded, the connection is crappy. Next time!

Date: 12 May 08' (Monday) (Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA)
Dorm: Laurel @ Old Faithful

I'll start with yesterday. It was our off day (my first and Evelyn's second cos she was sick in the morning on Sunday and we're both scheduled to have Mon and Tue off). We had breakfast and helped shovelling the snow! Later, we went on the geyser trail, we saw the Old Faithful geyser erupt but it was so smelly and the wind blew it this way so it was a mess. Like some kind of steam full of shit but I think it's just sulphur. Haha, everyone ran and left the place right after it erupted when everyone was trying to get close to it before hahaaahhaha...

We went to this geyser called "Morning Glory" and went back all the way, it's like a loop. Kai Lun were with us at first but cos he was wearing glasses, he couldn't wear sunglasses and cos the snow was too glaring, he left us someway when we started to make snowmen and snowball fights ahah. It's bad to look at snow for too long, you'll get snow blindness! ARGH! So scary!

The entire trail sorta took 3 hours, I'll check later. We took a couple of videos and it was really fun ahhahaha. It was damn funny and most of the time, we were alone (me, Evelyn, Terence) so we did lotsa stuff. Like different poses, dancing, taking videos haha, so funny! The best day so far! But it was so cold too. Thanks Terence for lending me your "fatty jacket" and "bear disguise" WHAHA! I'll put up pics, we took abt a few hundred pictures. Yea, it's just lotsa fun. Having so much fun like that, it's worth it... That we're working so hard and training so hard the first few days we got here.

Wow, this is by far the longest post. I started halfway in my room but I realized in that sleeping position, I can't concentrate. Yea, so I went to the lobby (I'm in the lobby now) and bingo, I'm typing furiously. Said hi to a couple of people here, like Dear Daniel (hahaha - our RC guy, he makes sure we're comfortable but he's like the subordinate and works really hard, like almost everyday), Cody and Broc, Faith, a few Vietnamese gurls but I can't rmb their names. Cody is so funny, he just asked for my name and he asked the Vietnamese gurls who just walked past. The Vietnamese gurls were amused, that's pretty funny haha...

We're so glad we made it frm the geyser trail back to our dorm and we saw some buffaloes yeah! WAHHA, they are so fat and big ahha! But they won't attack. We went for dinner yummy and talked to Broc. He's Cody's friend and it's really nice that Evelyn, me, him and Terence (he joined later) talked quite a bit in the dining room after we finished our meal. I asked him about discrimination and he said he studied in community college (like our JC, only 2 yearS) in Alabama and he's a minority, the Blacks are the majority. It's like he knows the feeling of being a minority, I was telling him that Singaporeans, Chinese are the majority so it's kinda weird that we're the minority now.

We talked really lots, like about lifestyle, pets, hobbies, he's so into baseball. Evelyn said he's into fashion design and drawing and playing the saxophone. Evelyn spoke up for me - dancing haha! Terence is just so funny by just sitting there. Yea, I'm so happy I'm a typing machine, I'm typing so fast now and this blog is going to be done soon. Don't worry.

At night, we played Risk in the lobby. Jeremy called the shots cos he was trying to teach us how to play it. It's a really long game and I was really tired so Yihui took over me and Jeremy, Cable, Kelvin, Yihui and Evelyn played the game til they decided to stop ahha. I was just trying to blog and I learned a bad word frm Daniel (chingatu madre = mother f**ker) It's Spanish and talked a bit to Brandon. He claims he knows Spanish but there were a few sentences we exchanged and we don't know what each other means haha.

Cual es su cumpleanos?
(What's your birthday?) --- I really lurve asking this question cos I get to know their horoscope.

Yup, so we talked a lot last night, the most socializing. It's really easy, you just have to sit in the lobby. Terence was zombified again ahhaahahaahahaaa, it's just damn funny haha.

爸爸妈妈,
现在在这里好多了。继续锁定我的网络日记,我一有空就会留几句在这里。对了,昨天当我们在楼下玩时,有很多人搬进来。因为,之前有很多人搬了出去,据说,许多过21岁的人都搬到新建好的宿舍。I heard people say they were trying to control underage drinking. Like people below 21 years old stay in Laurel and they can't drink here. But still, there are a no. of people who don't want to move cos it's 15 mins away frm our workplace (the new dorm) but it's really near the Employees pub.

不好意思,我得换去英文因为我没时间翻译。

我现在不错,开心多了。别担心。

OH and Kelvin can you teach mama how to comment? I know tagging is much easier but I can't keep track of the tags that easily! Thanks bro! I lurve you. I lurve mama and papa and Sang Sang and Wei Yang and everyone else hee! Thanks dance gurls and Flamez, Hailin, Yeek and Xiaoxia! :D 

I'll post pictures next time!

0 Comments:

Post Comment - that you lurve Da Dong too haha

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]