{/Love You More and More.
{/Saturday, May 10, 2008, @2:12 PM.
{ IT'S SO COLD HERE AND I WILL SURVIVE THIS! }
TITLE: IT'S SO COLD HERE AND I WILL SURVIVE THIS!

OOOH! It's 12.16am now. I'm sitting downstairs in our dorm just beside the heater cos it's just too cold! ARGH! But i'm sideways to it so only one foot is being heated at one time but it's better than our room. Cos our friend who doesn't live with us closed the heater on the first day cos it was very warm! ARGH! So now our room has no heater and it's just so cold in there.

Today, it was the opening day of Old Faithful, the hotel (OLD Faithful Inn - a really beautiful place built in 1904 full of wooden logs, it's just beautiful cos it's just so different), the restaurant, Bear Paw Deli (the place I work at)... Cos previously they closed it cos of snow. It snowed many times today. I finally got into contact with fluffy snow! WHEE! Lemme try to put some pictures.

With the old snow, it's hard to do anything cos it's just so hard. For the fresh snow, it's really soft. I really want to build a snowman and have a snowball fight badly! Make snow angels too (like the Sims 2) - Samantha!!! You know what I mean!

Anyway, today, I was really kinda pissed n tired til I wanted to faint. I checked with other people and they said it's cos we still have jet lag. We'd get so tired at 3, 4 or 5 pm here cos it's morning in Singapore haha. My nose gets kinda runny and the air is really cold, making me feel quite terrible. The business isn't that good today for ice-cream, I worked at the ice-cream station n it was pretty nice to talk to the guests (as we like to call them, not customers). We met a Taiwanese family, felt good to talk in Mandarin like that, other people can't do it haha. But alot of people have the misconception that Singapore is in China and we can't speak in English. It's kinda insulting but we can't blame them. I'll just try to tell them English is the teaching medium in Singapore and we speak English everyday haa.

The cleaning up was the worst of all. I'm already so tired, sniffing, brain not functioning, exhausted. But we still gotta mop floors, clean stuff. So tired, I want to go home! But it reminded me of previous work experiences, it's the hardest at the start. It'll get better as time goes by! After all, it's just our 4th day here! The cooks are pretty nice though they may look kinda fierce at times! This very nice guy called William from Arizona... I was struggling with something with the mop and I guess he couldn't take it anymore cos he was just around me. Usually, during meals, sometimes he'd serve us food but he's really strict and doesn't smile much. Thank you so much for helping me! I really laughed and felt that it's not too bad ahah. It's like such a serious guy can smile too - really interesting too haha.

I kinda hate my uniform cos I look like a midget. If possible, I'll post a pic and let you all say all you all want to. At least, I feel damn nice and happy when I'm wearing my own lurvely clothes! I really want to meet South Americans or Spanish people cos I really want to practise my Spanish with them. But then a lot of people here take foreign languages in high school and I met this really nice guy called Mike. I call him Mikey and it's such a coincidence that his major in college was Spanish. Oke, I'm not sure if he's graduated or what, just that he's really good in Spanish. I'm so happy cos I can practise with him. He's really laidback and easy-going and non-discri*i*ating (I hope ha!) But it's just really casual, knowing people like that, we met some other people like Jeremy (Ohio, he's really kind and nice!), Jordan (a really special-looking gurl), Megan, LeAnn (South Africa), Cody, Broc, Bryan, Craig (Alabama) and a really nice Rachel (I feel like she's a big sister to me)... I just hope we meet much more people hee.


In the washroom in San Francisco International Airport where spent the night. We kept going to the washroom to wash up and pee or whatever and I got kinda bored and started taking lotsa pics haa. I have many other pics, will post up later.


Look at what's that! You might want to click a picture and see what we're pointing at! It's at such a near distance to us. A wild animal! I think it's a bi*on.. Ooh but I'm not too sure hee.


Reminds me of when I'm in China hee! I used to wrap my face with a scarf like that too cos it's simply too cold! I look like a joke but haha... Who cares! As long as I feel warm, it's much better than my current uniform but I guess I'll make peace with it somehow. I must keep telling myself, it's only my 4th day here!


This is me and Pui Ee, our first time stepping on snow. She's one of the gurls who came with us. Me, her and Evelyn are roommates...

Alrighty, I'm getting tired and photos' posting is not available again, something wrong with the connection argh! I'll stop here first and more updates soon!

Kelvin, Mama, Papa, I'm off on next Monday and Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!

亲爱的爸妈,
今天真得很累。有想放弃的感觉。但是一直有身旁的人说,这一切都是值得的。我们有那么美丽、宝贵的自然资源。The geysers and other geothermal features like mudpots, 就是很多不同的自然。。。AIYA, 我不知道怎么用中文说。我第一次看到雪并不那么兴奋。但今天真的很兴奋,因为我用手去触摸它,还弄成小球型,只是手都快冻僵了!我一定会去堆雪人的!(等我和EVELYN放假时,买了手套后)

我真得很厉害哦,来这里只花了5元美金HEE。下雪就像下雨,只是它是白色的。

还有,虽然今天很累,也感觉被“这些人”利用,但我们也不能怎样,毕竟这不是我们的地盘。但我一定会熬过去,就像我以前如何熬过每个我根本觉得没办法熬过的情况一样。哇,写出来后真舒服,有自我勉励、激励的作用。写出来太棒了!很庆幸的是,我还有朋友在身旁。不然,真的优点难融入,因为不是每个外国人都那么喜欢和不同的“人类”交流哈哈。

但是我们说好了,等那些不同的活动在近几天后开始进行时,我们一定后脸皮地去参加所有我们的工作时间允许的活动,然后和他们打成一片,让他们知道新加坡不在中国!哈哈哈。我得向前看,得乐观地看(尽管我穿着制服时觉得很渺小,没有自信等),以后会更好!

有点倦了!得回房睡觉去。咳,可怜的我的肚子又感觉怪怪了。

妈妈,不要担心。哥哥说你的情况很像有忧郁症的病人,哈哈,读了我的网络日记才稍微镇定下来。放心吧,我的命挺硬的,过得了这一关。我也会尽量享受我身旁一切美好的事物,如风景,雪,不同的野生动物,大自然,骑马?,hiking?(我不知道中文怎么说)。。。异国风景等。

我们看看几时有空约在网上用麦克风聊天。叫哥哥帮我们安排吧。爸爸,妈妈,桑桑,哥哥,WEIYANG等朋友和亲戚,你们要保重哦!我会照顾自己的!想念你们!我爱你们!

1 Comments:

SNOW!!!!
BETTER PUT ON MORE CLOTHES!!!!
:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:51 PM  

Post Comment - that you lurve Da Dong too haha

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]